Version 2.0?

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Edited Dec 14, 2011 at 10:01 AM

When will version 2.0 be released?
Anytime soon?
The new features looks very promising!
We would appreciate a release, even if it's not complete. :-)

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I'm sorry for the gap in new development. I have been so busy with other projects that it's hard to find time to work on this. Another factor is that most of my development at work is Silverlight, so I've fallen a bit out of touch with MVC.

I will make the current changeset a 1.x release and I will try to add some new features over the holidays.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Thanks for your quick reply!
We are also doing a lot of development in Silverlight for LOB applications, and we think Silverlight
is a fantastic platform! (Here's something fun we made: http://roarstrand.no)
The need for dynamic forms is for a project which has a public front end in HTML (MVC),
but is completely Silverlight for the customer center back end. :-)

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Your Silverlight thing is impressive. I actually detest Silverlight, but I'm glad it's working well for you.

What features are you particularly interested in for MVC dynamic forms?

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Hakon <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply!
We are also doing a lot of development in Silverlight for LOB applications, and we think Silverlight
is a fantastic platform! (Here's something fun we made: http://roarstrand.no)
The need for dynamic forms is for a project which has a public front end in HTML (MVC),
but is completely Silverlight for the customer center back end. :-)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mvcdynamicforms@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mvcdynamicforms@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:47 PM

We are fetching the form input fields from a database with a kind of grid layout, so the "templated layout" would be very useful, so that we can design the order of the form elements. Also, the feature that you call "Arbitrary Data Storage" sounds very useful, because we would like to be able to do advanced things on the client side, like jquery validation, linked dropdown lists which will be using ajax calls, among other things.
You are really on the right track regarding what we think we need. Even the JQuery plugin functionality that you have proposed will be incredibly useful in this regard.

Dec 15, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Are you using the latest check in? That has the templating feature already.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Hakon <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

We are fetching the form input fields from a database with a kind of grid layout, so the "templated layout" would be very useful, so that we can design the order of the form elements. Also, the feature that you call "Arbitrary Data Storage" sounds very useful, because we would like to be able to do advanced things on the client side, like jquery validation, linked dropdown lists which will be using ajax calls, among other things.
You are really on the right track regarding what we think we need. Even the JQuery plugin functionality that you have proposed will be incredibly useful in this regard.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mvcdynamicforms@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mvcdynamicforms@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com