Not able to launch in Vs2013 Express Edition

Nov 16, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Edited Nov 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Hello,
First of all thanks for this great project. But i have some problems while opening this project in VS2013 Express Edition.

First of all, i got "TagBuilder is undefined" and after that i remove the system.webpages reference and add again. After that, i got configuration error in my webconfig for the below line,

<add assembly="System.Web.WebPages, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

Also, when i want to run update-database i get the below error;

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

What should i do run this project in VS2013. Thanks.
Nov 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM
I'm not sure. I haven't worked on this project in quite some time (since before VS2013) and I'm sure that I won't be doing any further development on it. You should probably start a new project and start bringing files in from my source code, fixing problems as you go.

Also, I'd recommend ditching express edition and installing the new community edition which is also free but more powerful.