This release is now compatible with ASP.NET MVC 1.0 and 2.0.
Here is a much improved release of my original library. The source code has undergone major refactoring.
- Build HTML form fields at runtime from field definitions that are stored anywhere you like
- Renders CSS friendly HTML
- Automatic input validation of required fields and regular expressions applied to text fields
Some of the improvements:
- Supports automatic model binding through action method parameters
- Source code has been documented with XML comments
- Forms and Fields can now be serialized
- Rendered HTML includes no styling
- More control over rendered HTML elements attributes
- Rendered HTML can be automatically formatted with indentation and white-space for human readability
- Includes a well documented demo web application
The demo has examples of:
- How to construct Form and Field objects.
- How to work with the form object in action methods.
- Form Styling with CSS
- Client side interactivity with jQuery
- How to work with user responses
I appreciate any feedback. Enjoy!