Group Inputs

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had a way of logically group various inputs (and then grouping those groups, etc)? The way we intend to use this, as an example, we want to have a 'type' of address, of which is composed of street address, postal/zip, country, etc. And it is important that when rendered, this group is grouped by either a div, field set, or whatever else is appropriate (ideally, it'd be an option). Is anyone working towards something like this? Any suggestions?
Coordinator
Jul 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM
There is already something implemented in the latest changeset that may help you. All field types have a Group property of type string. Here is the description that appears on the property: A friendly field group name. Use this to group fields together for your own purposes.
Jul 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Edited Jul 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Thanks for the info!

However, when I grouped a few fields together, and looked at the resulting html, I could not notice any differences.

Where does this group come into effect? / how do you use it?

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM
Sorry, the grouping is logical and really intended for server side use only at this point. You could write your own form rendering method.