Where are you using this library?

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2010 at 2:28 AM
I'm curious where this project is being used (what kinds of applications, public facing sites vs internal web apps, etc.) If you have this in production on a public internet site, I'd love to see it in action. To start, I developed this library for a Help Desk application I wrote at the community college that I work at. I wanted to give our help desk techs the ability to define custom form fields for each ticket category. It has worked pretty nicely so far.
Aug 16, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Edited Aug 16, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Although I posted http://mvcdynamicformsgui.codeplex.com to share some of my implementation, my need was for a multi-user application where each user could create one or more custom data collection forms. Basically, a mini-Wufoo.

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:18 AM
My need was for an application where the owner can create and maintain their own products instead of hassling me every other day with a minor tweak here or there. They always seemed to be changing their mind so hard coding a product seemed messy and pointless. Of course the drawback is that a product has to be relatively simple but if manage to firstly get the wizard going to break a huge form into smaller steps and secondly (and much trickier) to get a dynamic list of textboxes appear when an 'Add' link is clicked then we are in business.
Sep 15, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Hi,

I am working on an application that enables users to run standardized reports on a database, without having direct access to the database.

1: user chooses from a list of available reports

2: a form is rendered with all the necessary parameters for the chosen report (this is where MvcDynamicForms does its magic)

3: the report is created, using the input from the form as parameters for the query/queries)

4: user can download the results as xls/csv/etc.